Sergei Prokofiev . Presented by: Lynsie Brown. Born April 27, 1891. Sontsovka (Modern-Day Ukraine). Little Sergei and his parents. Composed 1 st piece at age 5. “Indian Gallop”. Young Sergei at about the time he wrote Indian Gallop. St. Petersburg 1904.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Sontsovka (Modern-Day Ukraine)
Little Sergei and his parents
Was referred to as “Enfant Terrible”
Did not receive high marks
The judges were torn on giving him this prize because his piece was so forward-sounding.
The prize was a grand piano.
Ansemet, Diaghilev, Stravinsky & Prokofiev
Photo from Le pa D’aceir
He was leery of Stalin and did not agree
with his regime.
The government had control over composers
during Stalin’s reign.
Music later adapted into Sonata by
“Early One Morning”
“On a branch of a big tree…”
1. Piano Concert No. 1. Los Angeles Philharmonic Association. Online, 2012.
2. Program Notes. Barbara Heninger. Redwood Symphony. Online. February 20, 2004.
3. Three Piano Concertos. Khachaturian / Prokofiev / Shostakovich. Record Label: Phoenix
4. Autobiography Articles Reminiscences. Sergei Prokofiev. The Minerva Group Inc. 2000.
5. Cover Photo Sergei Prokofiev in New York, 1918. 2011 Classic Cat.
6. Sergei Prokofiev Biography. 8notes.com. Online 2012.
7. Prokofiev’s Ballets for Diaghilev. Stephen D. Press. Ashgate Publishing. Online 2012.
8. Infoplease. Pearson Education Publishing. 2000-2012. Online.
9. PBS Great Performances. PBS.org. 2008. Online.
10. 1947 Coloring Book Cover. Published October 1992 by Bellerophon Books.
11. State TheatreNJ.org. Keynotes. 2012. Online.