DOE O 458.1 Changes and the CRS. Presented by: Bud Sokolovich, EMCBC Realty Officer. What is DOE O 458.1?.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Presented by: Bud Sokolovich, EMCBC Realty Officer
(1) To conduct DOE radiological activities so that exposure to members of the
public is maintained within the dose limits established in this Order;
(2) To control the radiological clearance of DOE real and personal property;
(3) To ensure that potential radiation exposures to members of the public are
as low as is reasonably achievable;
(4) To ensure that DOE sites have the capabilities, consistent with the types of
radiological activities conducted, to monitor routine and non-routine
radiological releases and to assess the radiation dose to members of the
(5) To provide protection of the environment from the effects of radiation and
“The mission of the Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Environmental Management (EM) is the cleanup or closure of the Department’s facilities…The radiological release of property must be conducted in a manner that is technically defensible and which meets the applicable Departmental requirements.”
(Mark Gilbertsiton, July 2008)