Do Now. Do Now: Page 24.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Do Now: Page 24
Check this out - a snake that mistook golfballs for chicken eggs.Usually, this would kill the animal. The golfballs obviously cannot be digested or passed, so the snake eventually dies. This fortunate little guy was taken to the Georgia Sea Turtle Center and had the golf balls surgically removed.
Parts of a Flower
3. Stamen – male leaf that produces pollen
2. Filament – stamen that emerges from a flower
1. Anther – sac at the tip of the filament where pollen is produced and released
5. Ovule – place where female gametophytes are produced
11. Ovary – structure that contains the egg cells of a flower
12. Pistil – female reproductive organ of a plant, composed of ovary, style, and stigma
9. Stigma – sticky tip of the style of a plant
10. Style – the stem-like narrow part of the carpel (female leaves of the flower)
4. Petal – one of the white or colorful leaflike parts of a flower
6. Sepal – encloses and protects the developing flower bud and opens as the flower blooms
Form a branching network
Usually multiples of 4 or 5
Vascular bundles in a circle
Page 703, 1 – 3
Do Now: Page 21