September 3, 2013. World Studies. Bell Ringer - Quiz. Step 1: Draw two circles on your paper. Step 2: In the first circle, draw and label the equator. Step 3: In the first circle, draw three lines of latitude on both sides of the equator.
Step 2: In the first circle, draw and label the equator.
Step 3: In the first circle, draw three lines of latitude on both sides of the equator.
Step 4: In the second circle, draw and label the Prime Meridian.
Step 5: In the second, draw three lines of longitude on both sides of the Prime Meridian.
2. What continent is located in the:
4. What is the definition of relative location?
5. Pg 88 – What is the approximate absolute location of Seward, Alaska?
6. Pg 138 – What is the approximate absolute location of Rio De Janeiro, Brazil?
7. Pg. 154 – What city is located at approximately 38ºN and 24ºE?
8. Pg. 212 - What city is located at approximately 2ºN and 104ºE?
9. Pg. 154 – Using Paris, France as a reference point, what is the relative location of Naples, Italy?
10. Pg. 154-155 – Using Homs, Syria as a reference point, what is the relative location of Warsaw, Poland?
11. Pg 104-105 – How many miles does the scale measure at its fullest?
12. Pg. 104-105 – How far is it from Atlanta, GA to Chicago, IL?
13. Pg. 194 How many kilometers does the scale measure at its fullest?
14. Pg. 194 How many kilometers is it from Karachi, Pakistan to Baghdad, Iraq?
15. Pg.104 – using Denver, CO as a reference point– tell me another city, its absolute location, and its relative location from Denver (three answers)
Activity – After looking at the examples, what three words would you use to describe each type of map?
Qualitative Maps – use colors, symbols, lines, or dots to show information related to a specific idea.
Examples in Atlas:Pg. 32-33
Activity: When would you use a qualitative map? A Flow-Line map?
What three words would you use to describe each type of map?
Identify the types of maps:
Map Type1 Same Map Type 2
Sept 5, 2013 information or a single idea
Southern Ocean is not always recognized as an ocean
Guyana information or a single idea