Challenges in Introducing Competition Law in Cambodia. By Om Dararith Director of Legel Affairs Deparment Ministry of Commerce, Cambodia. Content. Preparation of Competition Law in Cambodia Content of Cambodian Draft Competition Law Legislation process in Cambodia Possible Challenges.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Director of Legel Affairs Deparment
Ministry of Commerce, Cambodia
1. May 2005:Completion of 2 studies on state of competition in Cambodia, sponsored by UNCTAD and EU MULTRAP Project
- Economic mapping of Cambodia: an overview of the Economy and the Nature of Economic distorsions by Goeffrey Sumner, EC Consultant.
- Review of the Legal and Administrative Constraints on the Working of Markets in Cambodia by UNCTAD Consultant on Competition Law and Policy in Cambodia.
2. May 2005: Roundtable with government officials on the new policy framework for Cambodia’s competition law
3. May 2005:Roundtable with stakeholders on the formulation of a competition policy framework for Cambodia
4. June 2005: Establishment of Working Group on Competition Law and Policy by MOC, comprises of 7 members
5. August 2005: Visit of 2 UNCTAD Experts on Competition law and policy
6. January- March 2006:
-Draft Law on Competition by 2 UNCTAD experts: Mr. Frédéric Jenny and Mr. Guy Charrier
7. March 2006:
- Present and discuss the first Draft with the Working Group on Competition.
Non Independent Agency
Thank you for your attention