Signal Processing for Multimodal Web Irek Defée Department of Signal Processing Tampere University of Technology. W3C Web Technology Day. Current status. Web is developed for traditional data and computer I/O: text, keyboard, mouse This is simple and effective but not a natural
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Signal Processing for Multimodal WebIrekDefée Department of Signal Processing Tampere University of Technology
W3C Web Technology Day
way of human interaction with the world
(touch, body position, temperature)
and actuators (vocal tract, muscles, motoric system)
revolutionized mobile devices
new sensors, cameras
and it is hard due to:
- Complex input signals
- Complex information encoding
- Complex databases of knowledge
huge processing power are required
Extending the Web to allow multiple modes of interaction: GUI, Speech, Vision, Pen, Gestures, Haptic interfaces, ...
- Multimodal Architecture and Interfaces
- containing and annotating the interpretation
of user input
- transcription into words of a raw signal, for
instance derived from speech, pen
- interpretation is to be generated by signal
interpretation processes, such as speech and ink
recognition, semantic interpreters
gestures, sketches, music using
traces of pen
voc/xml#big6"> <category name="surprise"
in the natural information processing:
- Multimedia information analysis, retrieval and
- Audio information analysis : speech and
- Media information handling: representation and
for your attention!