ESSENTIAL MATERIALS FOR THE NATIONAL EXAM. The Review of the English Curriculum. English Curriculum consists of Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing skills . English language has two discourses, i.e. Oral and Written.
1. Interpersonal/ transactional dialogues:
2. Expression (Gambits):
2. Monologue: skills.
4. Advertisement/brochure: specific information, general idea, detailinformasi , implicit information.
5. News Item (2): general idea, specific information, detail infromation, main idea.
8. Recount: specific information, main idea, detail information, implicit information.
9. Report: general idea, detail information, specific information.
10. Descriptive: general idea, detail information
11. Explanation: general idea, detail information, communicative purpose, implicit information, word meaning.
12. Exposition (analytical and hortatory exposition): specific information, general idea, main idea, word meaning.
13. Discussion: specific information, general idea,detail information, main idea,implicit information.
14. Review: specific information, general idea, detail information, implicit information.
Reading skills: skills.
Richards and Schmidt (2002, p. 558): state that:
The exam of Speaking skill is conducted by each school oriented on their capacities, English teachers and students’ abilities which led and instructed by Department of Education of each Province.
Speaking Skills: skills.