Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Cell Phone Forensics David Lindquist
2. Overview What is Cell Phone Forensics?
Why is it important?
What is its purpose in criminal investigations?
3. How Cell Phones Work – the basics Cellular Signal
Public switched telephone network
4. Types of Evidence Text messages
Web sites visited
Phone Company records
5. Contacting the Service Provider Can provide:
Cell tower logs
6. Cell Phones as Evidence Turn power off
Try and get charger
Isolate the phone from mobile network
Find connector cable
Choose forensic software
7. Choosing the Right Cable Many different types
Trial and error
8. Choosing the Software Many different types
Not all programs do the same thing
Try different combinations
9. Cases Pictures
Assault by a minor
Murder by a pastor
10. Conclusion Benefits Outweigh Costs