Teenage Ankst : How a record label made the Welsh language cool. Dr Ian Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org. Teenage Ankst. Introduction Welsh language in context Welsh music in context Recordiau Ankst Records 1980s 1990s Legacy Discussion and conclusion. Introduction.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Teenage Ankst : How a record label made the Welsh language cool
Dr Ian Johnson
an increase in numbers and percentage compared to 1991
- Musicians looking to experiment and develop
- Audience (Welsh-speaking or not) open to music in Welsh
- Company willing to stretch boundaries and embrace new concepts in promotion
- ‘Cool’ is an abstract concept difficult to pin down
- Traditions are different for each culture therefore music and notions must be adapted
- Bilingualism or monolingualism in lyrics?
http://edmi.parliament.uk/EDMi/EDMDetails.aspx?EDMID=18173&SESSION=703 (accessed 27/08/09)