Power Point. Presentations. by Third Grade, Room 4. Boxer. 1. The boxer was one of the first police dogs in Germany. 2. Boxers live 11 to 14 years . 3. The boxer is a cousin of the bulldog. 4. Adult males can be 23 to 25 inches. 5. Most have dark brown hair.
by Third Grade, Room 4
1. The boxer was one of the first police dogs in Germany.
2. Boxers live 11 to 14 years .
3. The boxer is a cousin of the bulldog.
4. Adult males can be 23 to 25 inches.
5. Most have dark brown hair.
Boxers will fall over completely when you rub their ears for more than a few seconds.
1. Red foxes are small and grow to be about 10 – 14 lbs.
2. Red foxes live in the state of Maryland.
3. Red foxes are omnivorous which means they eat both plants and animals.
4. Although they can come in colors from black to blonde, they are usually red with black legs.
5. They eat insects, birds, mice, snakes, rabbits, nuts, berries and fruit.
The red fox has a doglike face and a bushy tail.
1. Parrots have many colors.
2. Parrots have little, sharp beaks.
3. Parrots make different noises.
4. Parrots can be pets.
5. Mama parrots feed their babies.
PARROTS ARE FOUND IN WARM CLIMATES.
1.Siberian tigers are the largest living cats.
2.Siberian tigers’ jaws are very strong and sharp.
3.They are very strong and powerful with heavy, muscular limbs and shoulders.
4.Siberian tigers’ average weight is about 500 to 700 pounds.
5.The length of their bodies can be 8 to 10 feet.
A tiger’s roar can be heard from a mile away.
Bottlenose dolphins live in groups called pods.
1. Male African lions can grow up to 9 feet in length.
2. The male’s role in the pride is to defend his territory and defend the females from other males.
3. The mane provides protection from the claws and teeth of other males.
4. Lions live in the south of Africa.
5. Female lions are the pride’s primary hunters.
A lion’s roar can be heard up to five miles away.
1. Bald eagles can live up to 30 years
in the wild and longer in captivity.
2. Bald eagles can fly 20 to 40 mph and can dive at speeds over 100 mph.
3. They can actually swim and will use an overhead movement of the wings, like the butterfly stroke.
4. The Bald eagle’s wings are about eight
feet long and their weight is about fifteen
5. They can use the same nest year
after year by adding more twigs and
The Bald Eagle is the national symbol of the U.S.A.
1. A wild horse is a large animal with a long snout, mane, and long tail.
2. Its length is about 5 feet high in the west and, less than 4 feet 6 inches high in the east.
3. Their habitat is mostly forests, mountains, dry bushy areas, swamps, and seashores.
Wild horses are herd animals.
Raccoons are very strong swimmers.
There are over 3,000 types of snakes in the world.
1.A baby female is called a filly, and a baby male is called colt.
2. All baby ponies are called foal.
3. Most foal are born at night.
4.When first born, foal cannot eat grass because their legs are too long for their heads to reach the ground.
5.Foal can stand up within an hour of being born.
Horses sleep longer in the summer than in the winter.
The Boxer reached its greatest perfection and development in Germany.
Koalas require large areas of healthy forests.
1. Hamsters are afraid of anything that is not a hamster.
2. Hamsters are one of the easiest pets to care for.
3. Hamsters are afraid of big homes because it makes them nervous.
4. Hamsters like it when it is dark.
5. Hamsters are playful.
Hamsters can run up to 7 miles each night!
1. Hyenas that are spotted are social carnivores that live in groups called clans.
2. Every single clan is composed of adult females and their offspring, just as well as one more adult male.
3. Higher ranking hyenas can take resources away from the lower ranking animals.
4. Hyenas hunt the same way dogs hunt.
5. Hyenas chase the prey until it gets tired and stops running.
Hyenas with spots live in African savannas, woodlands, forest edges, grasslands, mountains, and deserts.
1. Lions eat meat.
2. Lions have long tails.
3. They have lots of fur.
4. Lions like to sleep.
5. They can get very mad.
Lions remember each other from their scents.
Snakes are found in fresh water and marine habitats.
A cat’s heart beats twice as fast as a human’s heart,
at 110 to 140 beats per minute.
1. Golden Retrievers are one of the top family dogs in America.
2. Golden Retrievers are one of the top loved pets.
3. They help the blind and deaf.
4. They’re middle sized and strong.
5. An adult can get up to 21 to 24 inches, and about 55 to 75 pounds.
Golden Retrievers are NOT to be left alone in a yard.
Chimpanzees are hunted for meat in some parts of Uganda.
1.Spider monkeys have a long tail and legs in relation to body length.
2. Spider monkeys live in the jungle, but some of them live in the forest.
3. They eat fruit, leaves, spiders and insects.
4.Spider monkeys love to swing, jump and scream.
5.They like to hunt for food.
Spider Monkeys do not have a thumb, just a nub.