Blocks to Creativity. Perceptual, Emotional, Intellectual, Environmental, and Culturual. Researchers say creativity should be taken out of the art room and put in the homeroom. Do Schools Kill Creativity? -Sir Ken Robinson. Do Schools Kill Creativity? -Sir Ken Robinson.
Blocks to Creativity
Perceptual, Emotional, Intellectual, Environmental, and Culturual
Researchers say creativity should be taken out of the art room and put in the homeroom.
Family has cultural, artistic, and intellectual interests.
Family modeled introspection
Early interests in drawing recognized but not pushed; rather it was nurtured.
Lack of strong pressure by parents to choose a career.
Fear of making a mistake or of making a fool of oneself. This is particularly the case if the individual is new to the group.
2. Fear of taking a risk. In this instance the
individual is seeking preservation of the status quo. (It may manifest itself as a pathological desire for security.)
3. Rigidity of thinking, or functional fixedness. Everyone possesses opinions, prejudices, and preferences for certain methods, processes, and materials.
4. Over motivated to succeed quickly. When the individual does not immediately see a solution to a problem, he may become frustrated and either give up or continue to pound his head against a stone wall.
5. Fear of authority. This may often manifest itself in the form of a fear of supervisors and a distrust for colleagues and subordinates. Often the causes of such are the result of a lack of individual self—confidence or a fear of authority.
6. Lack of drive. This may take two different forms. The individual may lack drive in carrying a problem through to completion and testing it or in putting the solution to work.
7. Reality and fantasy. The individual needs to be able to control imagination and have complete access to it. Creativity requires the manipulation and recombination of experience; otherwise it is limiting.
There are 111 entrants in a tennis tournament.
It is a single knock out tournament. (You have to loose a match to be eliminated.)
You have to arrange the matches.
What is the minimum number of matches you would have to arrange.