ECZEMA. DR SIVANIE VIVEHANANTHA DERMATOLOGY STR. AIMS. Brief overview of eczema Enable early recognition & effective management. ECZEMA. CLASSIFICATION OF ECZEMA. ENDOGENOUS Atopic Seborrheic Discoid Pompholyx / dyshidrotic Varicose / venous / stasis / gravitational. EXOGENOUS
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
DR SIVANIE VIVEHANANTHA
- Ask specifically if any siblings. If has siblings, atopy?
- What meds?
- Previous treatments? Helpful / unhelpful?
- Current treatment? Helpful / unhelpful?
- Always ask about:
sparing agent, scalp applications, suits,
Ask patient if they are willing to change hairstyle.
1 FTU = 0.5 grams
= Covers surface area equivalent to 2 palms
Ensure patient is aware of this and
prescribe adequate amounts of topical treatment!
- Eczema - Psoriasis
- CTCL (Sezary syndrome) - Drugs
- Lymphoma / leukaemia - GvHD
- HIV - Idiopathic
- Heat loss
- Fluid loss (Hypovolaemia and renal failure)
- Electrolyte imbalance
- High output cardiac failure
- Rx underlying condition / remove offending drug
- Temperature control
- IV fluids
- Dietician input
+/- ITU admission