Probably the worlds’ most inspirational Summer School . Astronaut Jean-Jacques Favier. Astronaut Yi So- yeon. Astronaut Scott Kelly. Former NASA Astronaut Mike McCulley. Astronaut and Space Shuttle Commander Ken Ham. Jay Honeycutt Former Director of the Kennedy Space Centre.
Probably the worlds’ most
inspirational Summer School
Astronaut Jean-Jacques Favier
Astronaut Yi So-yeon
Astronaut Scott Kelly
Former NASA Astronaut
Astronaut and Space Shuttle Commander Ken Ham
Former Director of the Kennedy Space Centre
Professor Michael Fenech
World Renowned Geneticist
Dr James Tour
Professor at Rice University
Professor Steve Harridge
Professor of Human & Applied Physiology
Dr Liz Warren
“Incredible insight into the careers that are associated with the mind-boggling micro-gravity world of space travel, research and engineering and for this I am thoroughly and eternally grateful.”
Liam Collins – Jones, Student.
A winning team with Astronaut Ken Ham
UK boys and girls experiments going to the International
Antibiotics in space Experiment
1) Testing the mating habits of Daphnia (water-fleas) in outer
2) Steroids’ effect on plants in microgravity.
3) Monitoring the process of extra-cellular digestion of organic material by saprophytes in space
4) Testing the efficiency of antibiotics in space.
5) Testing whether slime mould will develop three dimensionally in micro-gravity.
“Mission Discovery was, by far, the most comprehensive, interesting, and educational endeavour I have been involved with”
Mike McCulley Former NASA Astronaut &
President of United Space Alliance.