Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
2. Q: Does a fertilized double yolked egg hatch twin chicks? By: Blend Bardhi, Rodrigo Fuentes, Jason Welsh and Rob Kyle
4. Why are there double yolked eggs? 1. Two yolks are released from the ovary at the same time.
2. The two yolks then both go through the cycle of a normal one yolked egg.
3. When the complete egg is released from the cloaca the two yolks are surrounded by the egg white and the egg shell just like a normal egg.
5. The fertilization of the chicken egg.
6. Will a double yolked egg produce Two Chicks?
7. Will a double yolked egg produce Two Chicks?
Often times both chicks will begin to grow and will ultimately compete with each other so much so that neither chick survives and the egg never hatches.
8. What have we learned? The yolk serves as a food source for the developing chick.
Double yolked eggs occur when two yolks are released from the ovary simultaneously.
An egg is fertilized in the hen?s infundibulum after the yolk is released from the ovary.
In a fertilized double yolked egg, one of the developing embryos out competes the other for space and resources.
Or, neither chick survives.