Injury Assessment & Evaluation. Today’s topics. Principles of range of motion testing, neurological testing, and special tests Functional testing. Range of Motion Assessment. Categories & progression 1. AROM 2. PROM 3. RROM. AROM. Voluntary movement through muscle contraction
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Injury Assessment & Evaluation
1. Pain*5. Joint contractures
2. Swelling6. Nerve damage
3. Muscle spasm7. Loose bodies
4. Muscle tightness
*Where in the motion does it hurt?
1. Muscle weakness & pain--> strain
2. Muscle weakness & pain -> nn damage
1. Changes -->degeneration OR injury in specific regions of nervous system
2. DTR’s tend to be absent if specific nerve root damage
Laxity — clinical sign of the amount of “give” within a joint; identified by stress testing
Instability — joint’s inability to function under the stresses of function activity