Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. ?A Peaceful Woman Explains Why She Carries a Gun? Read the article by Linda M. Hasselstrom.
As you read circle key words/terms and underline the author?s claims.
An author?s claims are the positions/opinion statements he or she supports with facts and evidence throughout the writing.
2. ?A Peaceful Woman Explains Why She Carries a Gun? Re-read the article.
Chunk the text.
Then, chart the text.
Remember, when you chart the text, you write a short summary sentence of what the author is saying in the left margin (or on a sticky note) and a verb describing what the author is doing in the right margin (or on a sticky note).
3. ?A Peaceful Woman Explains Why She Carries a Gun? Grammar Visit with Text
Go back to the text and highlight four examples of each the following comma rules:
Introductory prepositional phrases
Introductory participial phrases
Introductory adverb clauses
Appositive or appositive phrase
Label the type of introductory element or interrupter.
4. ?A Peaceful Woman Explains Why She Carries a Gun? Summarize the text using one of the following strategies.
Significant Seven?choose the seven MOST IIMPORTANT words from the text. Use those words to create a short summary of your reading.
____________________, in _______________________________,
(author?s name: first and last) (Title of article)
___________ that _______________________________________
(Verb: present tense)
__________________________. It is important to
5. ?A Peaceful Woman Explains Why She Carries a Gun? Homework:
On Edmodo, respond to at least five of the questions for Thursday?s Socratic Seminar.