2. Organization. IntroductionLiterature reviewSubspace approach for colored noiseExtending subspace approach to frequency domainPerceptual weighting techniquesOptimally Incorporating a psychoacoustical modelDemonstrations. 3. Introduction. Objective of speech enhancement.Improve the performan
1. Subspace Methods for Speech Enhancement
2. 2 Organization Introduction
Subspace approach for colored noise
Extending subspace approach to frequency domain
Perceptual weighting techniques
Optimally Incorporating a psychoacoustical model
3. 3 Introduction Objective of speech enhancement.
Improve the performance of the voice communication device.
To boost overall speech quality.
To reduce listener fatigue.
To increase intelligibility.
We focus on improving the overall speech quality and minimizing any speech intelligibility loss.
4. 4 Problem Statement Current speech enhancement methods suffer from speech distortion and background residual noise. Speech is distorted and background noise is removed. Speech is not distorted, however a lot of background noise exists. A tradeoff has to be found, and subspace methods are proposed to obtain a better balance between speech distortion and residual noise.