College of Education Technology and Facilities Update. Fall 2007. Reminders: Storing Your Data. Local Drive C Drive = hard drive for your local computer Network Drives (backed up nightly) M Drive = “My” (personal) S Drive = “Shared” (shared in department)
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
C Drive = hard drive for your
Network Drives (backed up nightly)
M Drive = “My” (personal)
S Drive = “Shared” (shared in department)
P Drive = “Public” (share by everyone, including students)
*Please clean up old files off the “S” and “P” drives
- Call ETS first for all technology problems.
- Phone numbers posted on wall in
Students who need help for their
personal computer should contact….
SITS (Student Information Technology Services)
- Located on Front Campus Drive : Cobb Hall
- Hardware problems and repairs
- Software (Microsoft and Symantec)
Faculty & Staff Computer Upgrade Program (1/3)
Faculty Software (limited licensing)
Hot Site Server (replicates data off site)
Secured Access to Child Development Center
LCD projector upgrades: Ed. Center 1-5
Audio/Visual system installation in
Evaluation Center Conference Room
New “Area” Laser Printers (PER, CEP, C&I, ETS)
2 new laptops for checkout (pickup from TMC)
1) New Lab Computers : $183,800
- Ed. Center 201, 203, 205, Cyber Lounge
- Ed. Annex 170
- *Installation (December break)
2) New Macintosh Computers Lab 205 : $17,775
- Partially funded
- Requested by Dr. Linda Haynes
3) PER Handheld Computer Project:- BEST PPC and Fitnessgram Partially funded
- Requested by Dr. Rachel Abbott & Dr. Claire Mowling
4) Lab Assistants :
Launched July 27
Contact Michael Winslett for any content changes
Each department has a web content liaison:
- ELPS: Abbot Packard
- CEP: Becky Pearce
- PER: Teresa Loftin
- MIT: Darlene Jones-Owens
- SED/SLP: Michael Hazelkorn
- EDD Program: Cher Hendricks
Intranet link now located under Quick Links
- must now type e-mail address
Professional headshots by Steven Broome
Contact Steven if you need a headshot to use for website, submission with research for publications, other.
Intranet checkout still
works the same
You will now pickup and return
checkout equipment at the
Teaching Materials Center
(TMC) back desk.
Currently: campus will not be
upgrading to either of these
applications until Fall 2008.
Make sure your personal computer is capable of running
applications prior to upgrading either
Office & lab computers have been
upgraded to accept Office 2007 files.
Technology Training Website - http://coe.westga.edu/training
Ed. Center (outside room 4)
Ed. Annex (lower level next to
parking lot entry/exit door)
Old Auditorium (upstairs gym next to stairs)
ETTC has moved to West Georgia RESA in Grantville
New Math / Science Center
Dr. Gail Marshall overseeing development
of new center
- Name changed (Lifelong Learning removed)
- Will be located on old Public Safety building (across from baseball fields)
- 122,500 sq. ft.
- Due to increased construction costs Nursing, Con’t Ed. and swimming pool removed
- Future home of the Department of Physical Education and Recreation
- 5 basketball courts on main floor for instruction and space converts into 7,000 seat arena
- State-of-the-art Human Performance Lab, weight training, cardio-aerobics, and 75 person stadium seating classroom
- Ground breaking: August 16
- Estimated completion: January 2009
- Find out the latest information via the link on PER’s homepage
If you have a story that you would like posted on the front of the College website, please let me know.
an upcoming event
just something interesting….