Controlling Bleeding. By: Thalita Ribeiro. Bleeding. Major bleeding can be life-threatening . Bleeding can be external or internal . You can bleed form your arteries , veins , or capillaries . First Aid for bleeding is intended to: 1. Stop the bleeding. 2. Prevent infection.
1. Stop the bleeding.
2. Prevent infection.
3. Prevent shock.
1. Bruised, swollen, tender, or rigid abdomen
2. Bruises on chest or signs of fractured ribs
3. Blood in vomit
4. Wounds that have penetrated the chest or abdomen
5. Bleeding from the rectum or vagina
6. Abnormal pulse and difficulty breathing
7. Cool, moist skin
Are you ready?