Unique and unconventional. Unit Six. Para.1 1. 从事 ; 参与 2. 化妆业 3. 实现 4. 某种类型 5. 煽动性且花费昂贵的广告活动 6. 抗衰老面霜 7. 用昂贵包装呈现 8. 使产品的成本翻了一番. engage in… the cosmetics industry come true a certain type of persuasive and expensive advertising campaigns anti-ageing creams
an amazing,unconventional woman
ignore all the accepted principles
in simple, truthful language
Doesn’t spend money
make you look younger and more beautiful
Use persuasive and expensive advertising
Present products in expensive packaging
Test many cosmetic products
1. That they will be made younger and more beautiful, and that all their dreams will come true.
2. They publicize their products through persuasive and expensive advertising campaigns.
3. a. the advertising campaigns to sell them.
b. their expensive packaging
4. She thought it was immoral to make false promises about the qualities of her cosmetics.
5. Anita attracted wide publicity by explaining her views and later by holding pro-environment campaigns.
6. She taught them to believe that profits, although important, are not the only aim of a business.
把… 抹/涂在 …上
At first by explaining her views and later by holding pro-environment campaigns
With persuasive and expensive advertising campaigns
Banning images of beautiful women in her shops, she promoted health, not beauty
Pictures of youthful girls
Packaging unimportant to her, she started a refilling and recycling service
It also has funded research into alternative ways of testing product safety