Ethics The Elements of Moral Philosophy. Chapter 1: What is Morality . 1. What is Morality?. The problem of definition. A minimum conception of morality. Moral Controversies. 2. Moral Controversies. Case1: Baby Theresa Case 2: Jodie and Mary Case 3: Tracy Latimer.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
EthicsThe Elements of Moral Philosophy
Chapter 1: What is Morality
(1) Who should decide the fate of Jodie and Mary, the parents or the doctors?
(2) What is the ethically right thing to do?
(1) That ethical positions must be supported by rational arguments (justification or evidence).
(2) That rational argumentation is the methodology used in ethics.
(3) That our first intuitions or what our emotions might indicate is right might turn out to be wrong.
(4) As a result of (3), sometimes we need to separate our emotions and biases from reason, and we should be open to the arguments from all perspectives.