AGENTS OF FORMATION F. The Spiritual Assistant. The Spiritual Assistant through the witness and sharing of his/her own life is a key agent of Formation. What do the General Spiritual Assistants have to say?. In a new manual they have recently
The Spiritual Assistant through the
witness and sharing of his/her
own life is a key agent of
In a newmanual they have recently
written, they state among the duties:
The assistant’s specific area is
2. As a resource person for the
4. As an evaluator of the Formation programs, both Initial and On-Going.
The sponsor is a professed member,
suitably qualified, who “walks with”
the candidate through the studies and
activities during the time of Candidacy.
Formation Team or by the candidate.
By Holy Manner of Living
Higher Levels of Fraternity
(Regional, National, International)
also participate in the formation and
updating process of individual
members and of local fraternities.
formation used on local levels, and
personnel prepared for formation at
the local level, several options are
a) A Formation Program held in
common with several near-by
Fraternities may be organized;
b) depending on the needs of the fraternity. a travelling Formation Team
might be responsible for the
local Formation until a
Formation Team is organized;
c) a program to train Formation
Teams may be established.
3. Where these or similar alternative types depending on the needs of the fraternity.
of formation are used, there must be no
minimizing of the fundamental
relationship between the candidate and
the local Fraternity to which he/she
The candidate must always be
an active part of the local Fraternity, and
the Fraternity must always be an
important agent in the candidate’s
We bring a
to your fraternity
We repair houses
that have fallen
1. In your fraternity, how could a/the
Spiritual Assistant help you?
2. How could you improve the teamwork aspect of a council and Spiritual Assistant in your fraternity?
3. How do you understand the sponsor program?
4. How do you understand that the SFO is a hierarchy with levels of governance?
5. Have you surrendered to your vocation as brothers and sisters of penance?