Morning With Teachers. 14 January 2012 11.15a.m – 11.45a.m. Class Teachers. English, Mathematics, FTGP and Physical Education: Miss Nurul Farha (FT) CME & CC: Mdm Lim Lian Huay Art: Miss Wendy Nah Music: Miss Celine Chan Social Studies: Mdm Fauziah. Rationale.
14 January 2012
11.15a.m – 11.45a.m
Miss Nurul Farha (FT)
Mdm Lim Lian Huay
1) To strengthen home-school partnership
2) To create better learning opportunities,
enhancing the development of our pupils
3) To share school programmes/activities
4) To establish modes of communication
Every child an inspired learner of
exemplary character with a passion for
A premier SAP school that values every
child and nurtures him to be morally
upright, well-rounded and effectively
成为顶尖特选学校, 重视孩子潜能, 培育五育俱全的双语人才
1. Houghton Mifflin Reading (as part of SEED - Strategies for Effective
Engagement and Development of Pupils)
2. STELLAR - Strategies for English Language Learning And Reading
SBA - Shared Book Approach
MLEA - Modified Language Experience Approach: Class Dictated
Story, Group Writing and Individual Writing
3. Encouraging our pupils to read
D.E.A.R @ School - Drop Everything And Read
Class Library Books
4. Vocabulary Building – Word Bank Book & Weekly Spelling
5. One-to-One Reading Programme
6. Grammar – Jotter book, worksheets, websites
1. Teacher-led lessons on basic voice qualities
in Term 1 – stress, volume, tone and pace\
2. Interaction Skills
3.Group Poem Recitation, Retelling Stories
1.Penmanship Exercises - Poem Recitation
To know more about HM:
To read the stories in HM, you may search Google by typing "houghton mifflin".
Activity worksheets, role play, quizzes and craft work
LEARNING THROUGH AN EXPANDED AESTHETICS PROGRAMME
Each component is assessed upon a maximum aggregate of 20.
A: 16 – 20
B: 10 – 15
C: 9 and below
Programme for Active Learning
To place greater emphasis on exposure to Outdoor
Education in order to provide our pupils with a
O.E infused into P.E Curriculum
Outdoor Education components such as team-
building games will be conducted during wk 9 – 10
of term 1 and 3
Aerobics Dance infused into P.E Curriculum
Pupils will have the opportunity to express themselves and apply their hand-eye-leg coordination skills through aerobics dance in wk 9 – 10 of Terms 2 and 4
- After height and weight-taking exercise is completed,
selected pupils will be informed via letter.
- Purpose : To help pupils achieve the ideal height/weight
range and enjoy sports and games to maintain a healthy
- Exercises/games will be conducted weekly (except CA, Oraland SA weeks).
CCA is not compulsory for the P2 pupils. However, the school encourages P2 pupils to join the CCAs that they are interested in so that they have the opportunity to be exposed to their areas of interest and develop their talents.
To create an ICT-enriched teaching and learning environment where pupils and teachers collaborate with the community so that our pupils acquire knowledge and skills for independent and lifelong learning and therefore stay relevant and thrive in a future of uncertainty and change.
MBS InfoComm Tech (ICT)
Pupils acquire skills related to safe and responsible use of ICT in their daily lives.
MBS InfoComm Tech (ICT)
1 homework file, 1 file for letters, spelling lists, etc
packing of school bag, etc.
Focus : Holistic Assessments (HA)
Pupil’s progress cards:
End of Term 1 &Term 3 regarding their learning