Collaborative Care: Depression Initiative in Primary care (CC: DIP) Van der Feltz-Cornelis CM, Van Marwijk HWJ, Huijbregts KML, IJff MA, Nijpels G, Beekman AJ. Screening Procedure: Fase1: Screening with PHQ-9 using the GP’s database. Fase2: Classification with MINI-
Collaborative Care: Depression Initiative
in Primary care (CC: DIP)
Van der Feltz-Cornelis CM, Van Marwijk HWJ, Huijbregts KML, IJff MA, Nijpels G, Beekman AJ
The study examines whether the
treatment of depression with treatments
from the guideline according to a
collaborative care (CC) model [1,2]is
effective compared to care as usual
(CAU) in terms of a reduction of
Principal elements in the CC model are:
A. Contracting of the treatment plan by the
General Practitioners (GPs) with the patient
B. Adherence improving strategies for GPs
C. Problem Solving Treatment (PST) 
D. An antidepressant algorithm for the GP
- Two-armed cluster randomised trial in
40 GP practices (figure 1) .
- Stratification for comorbid medical illness
- Three regions: Amsterdam, Hoorn
and West Friesland.
- In cooperation with the department of
General Practice, VU University
Medical Center, Amsterdam (EMGO).
- 2 x 120 patients
1. Van der Feltz-Cornelis CM et al. (2006). Depressie initiatief. Depressie management in Nederland. Trimbos-instituut.
2. Bodenheimer T (2005). Helping Patients Improve Their Health-Related Behaviors:What System Changes Do We Need? Diseasemanagement, 8(5), 319-329.
3. Mynors-Wallis LM, Gath DH, Day A, et al. (2000). Randomised controlled trial of problem solving treatment, antidepressant medication, and combined treatment for mayor depression in primary care. BMJ, 320, 26-30.
4. Trivedi MH, Rush AJ, Crismon ML, et al. (2004). Clinical Results for patients With Major Depressive Disorder in the Texas Medication Algorithm Project. Arch Gen Psychiatry, 61, 669-680.
5. Van der Feltz-Cornelis CM & Adèr HJ (2000). Randomization in psychiatric interventionresearch in the general practice setting. International Journal of Methods in PsychiatricResearch, 9 (3), 134-142
Contact: Marjoliek IJff, email@example.com & Klaas Huijbregts, firstname.lastname@example.org