Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
3. 3 DXX SYSTEM Bandwidth Manager.
DXX node can be described as a digital MUX equipped with several Trunks and Access interfaces.
Often referred to as a flexible multiplexer or ?Flex Mux", reflecting the flexible implementation of different interface connections.
4. 4 DXX SYSTEM
The DXX can cross-connect any E1 line in the system with any other E1 line in the system
Provides cross connections from timeslot level to bit level
5. 5 DXX System (Contd.) Enables the provision of lower/sub rate traffic as compared to other media e.g., from Digital Exchanges we can provide only Analog voice,
BRI (2B+D) i.e 128Kbps and PRI (30B+D).
Can provide a variety of data and speech bands sub and Super-rate multiplexing up to 2Mb/s
Supports all modern technologies e.g, ATM, FR & ISDN.
6. 6 Data Transmission Medias.
7. 7 Dial Up.
8. 8 ISDN.
12. 12 ISDN (BRI).
13. 13 ISDN (PRI).
14. 14 Key Features of DXX The DXX provides a complete networking solution to the network operators with the following benefits:
Efficient utilization of existing transmission bandwidth.
Powerful NMS to manage large networks.
The best flexibility for networking.
Higher service quality and hence higher customer satisfaction.
15. 15 Key Features of DXX DXX (Digital)
Super rate :
-Multiplexing of = > 64 K bits / Sec.
-Multiplexing of < 64 K bits / Sec.
16. 16 DXX APPLICATIONS Most typical DXX applications are:?
17. 17 DXX DATA APPLICATIONS Data Applications include :-
Leased line data circuits.
LAN ? LAN interconnection.
Point to Point data.
Point to multipoint data.
24. 24 DXX VOICE APPLICATIONS Voice Applications include:-
Telephone Line/Number Extension.
Between mobile switching centers.
PSTN ? PSTN.
29. 29 DXX APPLICATIONS IN MOBILE Analog / Digital mobile traffic between mobile exchanges.
31. 31 DXX APPLICATIONS
32. 32 Advantages of DXX Efficient utilization of existing transmission bandwidth/infrastructure.
Compatible with new emerging standards and future technologies.
Video conferencing, integrated voice, data management, ISDN, ATM, Frame Relay and SDH back bone network on same platform.
33. 33 Advantages cont?d?
During a major fault, traffic can be re-routed automatically, so that existing traffic is un-affected
The operator can also assign various service categories to the customers so that the operator's most valuable business is always protected
Both of the systems Newbridge & Tellabs have compatibility for frame relay and ATM technology, which is expected to come to Pakistan in near future
34. 34 Existing DXX Network In PTCL, presently three systems are being used for the provision of DXX facilities to the subscribers :
1. MARTIS DXX (TELLABS).
2. NEWBRIDGE (MAINSTREET).
3. Loop Telecom.
35. 35 Planned Expansion in DXX Network
Cities ----------- 100 to 150 +
Sites ------------ 200 to 300 +
Nodes ------------ 205 to 450 +
36. 36 DXX Systems in Pakistan. Vendor . Nodes System
Tellabs/Martiss DXX. 129 Windows NT
Newbridge 131 Solaries O.S.
Loop Telecom. 421 Windows
37. 37 Cards used in a ?DXX? System.