Consistent and Reliable Customer Service. P4. What are we looking for?. Consistent – “The same throughout” Reliable – “you can depend on it”. Why does Chester Zoo need excellent customer care?. Chester Zoo rely heavily on repeat visits (79% of our visitors have been before)
Staff appearance guidelines
Chester Zoo’s vision, mission and values
Where are the …...?
Chester Zoo’s Customer Care expectations
Specific departmental training
Dealing with complaints
- even when they are wrong!
- if necessary all the way up to the Head of Visitor Services/Duty Admin Manager and the Director
1. Letters or telephone calls are followed up as fast as possible to apologise or set the record straight.
2. If in the Zoo, try to move away from crowds to a quieter area. Sit the visitor down, if possible, find out their name and give them your name. Stay calm and polite
3. Complimentary tickets are sometimes used to unruffle feathers.
4. Points are then taken up inside the Zoo to sort out what went wrong.
5. Advice and information is obtained from the Animal Division if the complaint relates to animal management.
The key to dealing with all complaints is speed and being a good listener.