ACCN. ACCN. AMERICAN BOARD OF CARDIOVASCULAR MEDICINE. AMERICAN BOARD OF CARDIOVASCULAR MEDICINE. ABCM. ABCM. Est. 1991. Est. 1991. This Clinical Cardiovascular
AMERICAN BOARD OF CARDIOVASCULAR MEDICINE
AMERICAN BOARD OF CARDIOVASCULAR MEDICINE
This Clinical Cardiovascular
Nursing Essentials Course was designed to meet the Professional Development and Board Certification needs of your Cardiac Nurses and Nurse Practitioners working in PCU, Telemetry, Emergency Chest Pain Centers, Cardiovascular Critical Care, Cath Lab, CV Surgery, CV Recovery, Cardiac Rehab, and Private Practice Cardiology Offices and Clinics. If your hospital is seeking or needs to maintain Magnet Status, the Board Certification Exams offered by the American Board of Cardiovascular Medicine are approved by the ANCC for Magnet applications.
Baptist Health System is taking the lead in Montgomery, AL by Hosting a Clinical Cardiovascular Nursing Course and CVRN Board Certification Opportunity for Baptist Health Cardiac Nurses and Nurse Practitioners, and those throughout the region at other Hospitals and Clinics who wish to take part in this Professional Development event.
September 13-14, 2014
Presented by:American College of Cardiovascular Nurses &the American Board of Cardiovascular Medicine, and Baptist Health System
The ABCM has over 6,000 Board Certified Nurses Nationwide!
Debbie Johnson-Sasso, MHA, BSN,RN,
CCRN, CVRN-BC Level II, AECG-BC, CCRN.
Director of Cardiopulmonary Services,
Sky Ridge Medical Center, Lone Tree,
Colorado. Debbie (DJ) has worked as a
Critical Care Nurse with work experience in Coronary Care, Emergency Room and Intensive Care for the past thirty two years. Debbie is a National speaker for the ABCM, and has taught at many local and National Cardiology Conferences for some 25 plus years. She comes with a wealth of knowledge, a pleasing style, and loves to share her experience with fellow Cardiac Nurses.
7:00-7:55am - Course & Exam Registration
8-9:20am - Acute Coronary Syndromes9:30-10:50am - Heart Failure
11-12:00pm - Cardiomyopathy
12-1:00pm - Lunch
1-2:00pm - Bedside Assessment of CV Patient
2:10-:4:00pm - EKG Essentials including Pacemakers Day Two: Course Outline:
7:30-7:55am - Course & Exam Registration
8-10:00am - Interventional Cardiology10:15-11:45am - Hypertension 2:00-5:00pm - CVRN Board Certification ExamsCourse and/or Exam Registration Fees: Baptist Health System StaffCourse Only: ACCN Members $102 Non-ACCN Members $120CVRN I Board Certification Exam $250Non-Baptist Health System Staff Course Only: ACCN Members $136Non-ACCN Members: $160 CVRN I Board Certification Exam $295There will be a $20 late fee for registrations received after 8/31/2014 and an additional $20 for Walk-in registrations.Either register online at www.accn.net under Conference Calendar, or make checks payable to ABCM and mail along with the CVRN Review Course & Examregistration form to P.O. Box 3219, Spring Hill, FL 34611. Do not mail your registration fee after 9/1/2014, bring your check or cash to the meeting, and send an RSVP to [email protected] to reserve your seat in the Course &/or Exam. Course and Exam Fees can be combined online or in one check.
Baptist Health Institute for Patient Safety and Medical Simulation, 855 East South Blvd, Montgomery, AL 36116
Contact Hours:This course is approved for 7.0 contact hours for day one and an additional 4.0 hours for day two, by Florida Board of Nursing provider number 50-14076.
Register for the CVRN Review Course & Exam
1. First name: ___________Middle initial: _____ 2. Last name: _______________________ 3. Degree: __________________4. Professional certifications held: _____________________5. q Male q Female 6. Home address: ____________________________ 7. City: __________________ State:_____ Zip: ________
8. Home email:_____________________________________9. Work email: _____________________________________10. Home phone: ______________________
11. Name of employer: ______________________________
12. Phone number of employer:________________________13. What area of cardiology do you work in? _____________14. How long have you worked in this area? _____________
15. What other areas of cardiology are you experienced in? ____________________________________________
16. How many hours per week do you work in cardiology? ________17. Have you had formal training in cardiology? __________ 18. If so, what specialty degree or certification do you hold in cardiology? ___________________________________19. Does your hospital have an in-house training program for critical care and telemetry nurses? _______________20. Is your hospital a Magnet facility or, are they seeking it? Magnet status? qWe are Magnet qWe are seeking Magnet19. q I will be attending the CVRN Review Course 9/13-14/14
20. q I will be taking my CVRN Board Certification Exams on 9/14/14; qUn-decided, will tell you on 9/13/14.