Senses & Sensory Relationships. All of our senses respond to stimuli in the environment/ ________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________
- 1 membrane covers the front part of the eye . __________________
- it is transparent
- under the cornea are:
1) _________: the coloured
ring of the eye
2) __________: the central
portion of this ring
- the other 3 membranes line the posterior (back) of the eye
They are all different:
- rigid, gives the eye its shape
- provides nourishment for the eye
- active nervous membrane = receiver of stimuli
Found inside the eye
- located between the cornea and lens
- a liquid made up of water and minerals
- located between the lens and the retina
- jelly like substance
1) Light must pass through a number of transparent media before it reaches the nerve cells of the eye. Where are these located?
2) Label these different structures in the order that light passes through:
vitreous humour, lens, retina, cornea, aqueous humour
THE PROPERTY OF REFRACTION (BENDING IF LIGHT), we
are able to focus an image at the back of our eye, in the Retina.
The image for which we see from the outside
environment is actually upside down on our retina.
The Brain flips it back so we can see right-side-up.
1. Stimuli = Light
2. Receptor = Retina
3. Processor = Rods and Cones
4. Nerve Impulse = Action Potential from Axons
5. Conductor = Optic Nerve
6. Analyzer = Brain (Occipital Lobe)