New Mexico Non-Native Phreatophyte/Watershed Management Plan.
1. provide input to processes for watershed planning, monitoring, performance evaluation, and identification of critical research needs.
2. review inventory of non-native infestations on watershed scale and determine geographic information system to provide a statewide landscape scale resource review.
3. review best management practices for control/rehabilitation.
4. review projects for achievement of performance objectives and milestones.
5. evaluate and update plan templates and protocols as necessary to achieve objectives.
Compilation of information on existing phreatophyte removal projects;
Compilation of available GIS and remote sensing data on phreatophytic vegetation classification for 4 sub-basins;
Exploration of available hydrologic data to explore outcomes of removal projects;
Compilation of relevant hydrologic data, including surface water flows, depth to groundwater, and measured evapotranspiration (ET) of different groups of riparian vegetation;
Compilation of relevant metadata, including terms and attributes used in this work; and
Providing access to data and metadata through Web portal