New Mexico Non-Native Phreatophyte/Watershed Management Plan.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. provide input to processes for watershed planning, monitoring, performance evaluation, and identification of critical research needs.
2. review inventory of non-native infestations on watershed scale and determine geographic information system to provide a statewide landscape scale resource review.
3. review best management practices for control/rehabilitation.
4. review projects for achievement of performance objectives and milestones.
5. evaluate and update plan templates and protocols as necessary to achieve objectives.
Compilation of information on existing phreatophyte removal projects;
Compilation of available GIS and remote sensing data on phreatophytic vegetation classification for 4 sub-basins;
Exploration of available hydrologic data to explore outcomes of removal projects;
Compilation of relevant hydrologic data, including surface water flows, depth to groundwater, and measured evapotranspiration (ET) of different groups of riparian vegetation;
Compilation of relevant metadata, including terms and attributes used in this work; and
Providing access to data and metadata through Web portal