Confirmation Class. September 18, 2013. Lesson 3: God Gives Us His Word. OLD TESTAMENTNEW TESTAMENT WRITERSMoses, Kings, ProphetsEvangelists & Apostles LANGUAGEHebrewGreek BOOKS39 ( History , Poetry, 27 (History, Letters, Prophecy) Prophecy)
September 18, 2013
Lesson 3: God Gives Us His Word.
Words to Know:
Prophet: One who speaks God’s Word
Evangelist: One who speaks or writes the Gospel
Apostle: One sent by Jesus as His messenger
Epistle: A letter written to someone
Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.
What the Bible is:
2 Timothy 3:16
I Corinthians 2:13
2. God chose every word of the Bible.
This is called verbal (word-for-word) inspiration.
3. All Scripture is 100% true and from God.
4. In it God tells us all we need to know about Him and our salvation.
5. The Bible is the Word of God and not to be tampered with.
The Value of the Bible:
Your word is a lamp to my feet
and a light for my path.
4. It guides us in a Christian life of thankful service.
How we should use the Bible:
Working with God’s Word, Multiple Choice, Word Study, and write the names of all the New Testament books.
For the Quiz