Define the following term:. Psychosocial needs needs having to do with social interaction, emotions, intellect, and spirituality. 1. Identify basic human needs. A human being has six basic physical needs: Food and water Protection and shelter Activity Sleep and rest Safety
1. Holistic care focuses on
2. Psychosocial needs include the following:
3. What is one way a nursing assistant can promote a resident’s independence?
4. ADLs include:
5. Which of the following is an example of a physical need?
6. Mrs. Goldman, a resident, begins to tell her nursing assistant, Gene, about the last religious service she attended. Gene does not believe in God. Gene’s best response is to:
7. If a nursing assistant encounters a resident in a sexual situation, she should:
8. How can regular activity promote good health?
9. Families help residents by:
10. Which of the following statements is true of the aging process?
11. Normal changes of aging include:
12. A ______ is an intense form of anxiety.
13. Which of the following is a good way to for a nursing assistant to care for a mentally ill resident?
14. If a nursing assistant notices abusive behavior from a family member towards a resident, she should
15. When caring for a dying resident’s diminished senses a nursing assistant should
16. To treat dying residents and their families with dignity a nursing assistant should
17. Postmortem care includes
18. _______ is the special care that focuses on the dignity and comfort of a dying person.
19. What does palliative care involve?
20. Which sense is usually the last sense to leave the body?
21. Which of the following is a sign of approaching death?