WASHINGTON WRESTLING WEIGHT MANAGEMENT PROGRAM WASHINGTON WRESTLING WEIGHT MANAGEMENT PROGRAM Washington State high school wrestlers will participate in the Washington Wrestling Weight Management Program (WWWMP) prior to any competition BEGINNING WITH THE 2007-08 SEASON.
The determination of a wrestlers minimum weight class;
Air displacement plethysmography (BOD POD) for appeal process
Violations of the WWWMP Process
Urine Test Strips
1. Athlete should be standing in the anatomical position with the skin for skin fold sites exposed.
2. Take all skin fold measurements on the right side of the body. An exception might be made where a deformity or missing limb would necessitate using the left side.
3. Make sure the athlete’s skin is dry and lotion-free.
4. Do not measure skin folds immediately after exercise because the shift in body fluid to the skin tends to increase the size of the skin fold.
5. Carefully identify, measure, and mark each skin fold site (triceps, subscapular, abdominal for males; triceps and subscapular for females)
6. Palpate the site to familiarize both you and the athlete with the area being measured.
7. Hold the skin fold caliper in the right hand while raising the skin fold with the thumb and index finger of the left hand. Position yourself so you are looking directly at the caliper dial to avoid errors from viewing from the caliper dial at a disadvantaged angle.
8. The skin fold should be grasped one centimeter above or adjacent to the measurement site. Practice is essential to feel the underlying adipose tissue separate from the muscle. Hold the skin fold firmly but not pinch to the point of pain.
9. Measure midway between the surface and the crest of the fold. Allow the caliper jaws to gently come in contact with the skin fold. Release the caliper so that the thumb, index finger, and caliper spring tension is supporting the skin fold.
12. Record three measurements at each site in rotation order. If the difference between the three values is greater than 1 mm for a single site, the subject will need to wait 20 minutes for additional skin fold reading (this allows the skin to return to normal).
13. In certain cases, even the most highly skilled assessor will be unable to precisely measure the skin fold thickness of extremely obese or heavily muscled individuals. In such cases an alternative method may be assigned.
Vertical fold on posterior aspect of arm, midway between lateral projection of acromion process and inferior margin of olecranon process. Flex the elbow to 90 degrees to identify the landmarks.
Vertical fold, one inch to the right side of and ½ inch below the navel.
The Jackson-Pollock procedure uses a vertical fold 2 cm to the right of the umbilicus.
Diagonal fold just below the inferior angle of scapula.
User Name & Password
The first step to create a pre-match weigh-in form is to click on competition entry form from the drop down menu under the coaches tab on the menu bar. Once at the competition entry screen, click on the pre-match weigh-in form link.
The coach should enter the date of competition and the competition event name. Once that information is entered, click on the next button.
In the second step, the coach should unclick any wrestler they do not want to appear on the pre-match weigh-in form. The weight class selected in the drop down defaults to the eligible weight class. A coach may change the weight class the wrestler will be competing in.
In the third step, the list of wrestler’s that the coach determined would appear on the weigh-in form would appear. The coach still has on the opportunity on this page to edit selections, delete a wrestler who should not appear and change a weight class. From this page, the coach will print his pre-match weigh-in form by clicking the ‘print weigh-in form’ button from the bottom.
After clicking on the print weigh-in form, the printable weigh-in form will appear as a PDF document. The pre-match weigh-in form will appear which should be printed and be brought to the competition. This form will list the two eligible weight classes for which the wrestler is eligible for. The actual weights should be written on this page and signed by each coach. The weights should then be entered into the OPC system.
Only Athletes that appear on the Master Alpha List are eligible to wrestle.