Prayer. Prayer as God’s Gift CCC #2559-2561. God seeks us first!. Prayer as Covenant CCC # 2562- 2564. God desires a bond and man responds… It is a heart decision to enter a relationship. Prayer as Communion CCC # 2565.
God seeks us first!
God desires a bond and man responds…
It is a heart decision to enter a relationship.
Being presence in and communion with the Holy Trinity and with the whole human spirit.
Who is God for you at this point of your life in term of relationship?
CCC# 2631: The first movement of the prayer of petition is asking forgiveness.
CCC# 2631: Christian prayer is centered on the desire and search
for the Kingdom to come.
1. Satisfactory: because prayer springs from love and is a difficult task for imperfect souls.
2. Meritorious: any act of love or virtuous act can be merited.
3. Spiritual delight: prayer nourishes our intellect, arouses our sensibility in a holy manner, and stimulates and strengthens our will.
4. Impetratory: this value is based primarily on faith- rest on the promise of God.
- “Ask, and you will received. Seek, you will find. Knock, and it will be opened to you. For the one who asks, receives. The one who seeks, finds. The one who knocks enters.” (Matthew 7:7-8)
- “You will receive all that you pray for, provided you have the faith.” (Matthew 21:22)
- “And whatever you ask in my name I will do, so as to glorify the Father in the Son. Anything you ask in my name, I will do.” (John 14:13-14)
- “If you live in me, and my words stay part of you, you may ask what you will-it will be done for you.” (John 15:7)
- “I give you assurance, whatever you ask the Father, he will give you in my name. until now you have not asked for anything in my name. ask and you shall receive, that your joy may be full.” (John 16:23- 24)
- “We have this confidence in God: that he hears us whenever we ask for anything according to his will. And since we know that he hears us whenever we ask, we know that what we have asked him for is ours.” (1 John 5:14-15)
What about praying for our loved ones
1. Does God know our needs?
2. If he knows our needs (and the truth is that he know better than we do), why do we need to give voice to our petitions?