Lessons from Financial Crises Crises Stefan Ingves Moscow March 2009 Content of Presentation Structure of Crises - in general Crisis Management Crisis Resolution How to get out of the crisis? What have we learnt? Some Practical Solutions Conclusion Structure of Crises
- Swift and forceful actions by authorities, often based on insufficient information.
However, crisis resolution have now been expanded to new categories of institutions such as invextment banks, insurance, Gov’t sponsored agencies.
- Identify all toxic or otherwise weak assets and transfer them at conservative values to AMCs, which could be free-standing or within the bank.
- Each bank needs a customized solution, but there should be a general framework to ensure fairness and predictability.
- Perform due diligence to assess the situation and needs of each bank.
- Use a ”triage” method to assess a bank’s viability and restructuring alternative.