Achievers Conversation March 2007. Let’s see what we know about race and ethnicity. 1 . In the 2000 U.S. Census, the largest self identified ethnic group was: a) English American b) German American c) African American d) Mexican American e) Irish American f) Italian American.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Let’s see what we know about race and ethnicity.
1. In the 2000 U.S. Census, the largest self identified ethnic group was:a) English Americanb) German Americanc) African Americand) Mexican Americane) Irish Americanf) Italian American
4. Of the population of “Arabs” living in the U.S. who identify as “religious,” about what percentage are Muslims?a) 23%b) 56%c) 81%d) 94%
8. Which of the following groups has the highest poverty rate in the United States?a) African Americansb) Latino Americansc) Asian Americansd) Native Americanse) White Americans
Poverty Rate: $18,104 per year for 4 people
11. Of the world\'s 6,200,000,000 people, about how many live on $2 a day or less?a) 100,000,000b) 500,000,000c) 1,700,000,000d) 3,000,000,000
13. Which one of the following is African and which one is African American?
14. Which of the following groups is most likely to use illegal drugs?a) African Americansb) Latino Americansc) Asian Americansd) Native Americanse) White Americans
* National Survey on Drug Use and Health & U.S. Census
(White people were 68 percent of U.S. population in 2004)
15. Which of the following groups is most likely to “get caught” for using illegal drugs?a) African Americansb) Latino Americansc) Asian Americansd) Native Americanse) White Americans
Percent of males between ages 25-29
* Bureau of Justice Statistics
From: Bureau of Justice Statistics
* Sourcebook of Criminal Justice Statistics
* Includes people under the age of 18
* Data from the Bureau of Prisons
16. What percentage of American men and women between the ages 20-24 have “had sex” with someone of the same sex?a) 1% (men) & 9% (women)b) 5% (men) & 14% (women)c) 7% (men) & 4% (women)d) 10% (men) & 3% (women)
18. Chinese Americans, Asian Indian Americans, and Korean Americans all had higher than average rates of poverty than the general population of the United States. Was the median family income of these groups lower or higher than the national average?a) higherb) lowerc) about the same
e. Native Americans
Whites – 85.5%
Blacks – 72.3%
Latino/as – 52.4%
Asians – 80.4%
Native Americans – 70.9%
U.S. Population – 80.4%