Persuasive Research Writing. The Basic Principles of Persuasive Writing. Persuasive writing is writing that sets out to influence or change an audience\'s thoughts or actions by being for or against something. How are you persuaded? .
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Persuasive writing is writing that sets out to influence or change an audience\'s thoughts or actions by being for or against something.
1. by appealing to their reason
2. by appealing to their emotions (ethos)
3. by the appeal of our good character
1. Do I have enough evidence? (Is it sufficient?)
2. Will my audience believe my evidence? (Is it trustworthy?)
3. What are the assumptions built into my argument, and are
those assumptions fair? (Is it verifiable?)
4. Does my conclusion follow logically from the claims I make?
* you need to offer evidence in support of your claims
* it may be impossible to prove a cause-effect link between
my father\'s smoking and his declining health