Environmental Stewardship Guidance: Keys to Qualifying for Recognition Updated 12/17/08 Question #1 ENVIRONMENTAL STEWARDSHIP ACTIVITIES - Do any site activities "go beyond" the minimum regulatory requirements and serve as examples of Environmental Stewardship or Sustainability? Question #1
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
You’ll need to understand the categories and qualifications in order to answer.
If you’re not sure, review our guide and be prepared at the next inspection.
If the site isn’t currently qualifying, consider suggestions to your management on changing practices to qualify.
* One exception – 5 year time limit for energy saving steps
#7 ENVIRONMENTAL PURCHASE POLICY- Keys to Qualifying
- A written policy
- Documentation of preferred products
purchased and presence of substantial
environmentally preferred products onsite.
- manufacturing with non-toxic materials
- conservation of resources during manufacture
- minimal packaging of products
- environmentally sound product design
- Not a paid consultant
- LEED rating from accredited 3rd party
- Green Globes – from EC3 Global
- obvious or demonstrable environmental benefit
- took thought, effort or cost beyond standard practice
The systematic evaluation of the environmental impacts of a given product or service throughout its life span.
evaluation of a Product or Service.
- EPA LCA 101
- ISO 14040
- What changes took place?
- What decisions were made?
- Beyond County Plan
- Beyond Municipal Ordinance