7. Naturopathy Etymology:-
Latin word & Greek word
Natura – Nature Pathos – Disease
This means it is Natural therapy, which treats disease
8. Definition of Naturopathy Naturopathy is a form of therapy, which excludes medicinal & surgical agents and depends entirely on natural forces like light, water, air, heat & massage.
10. Naturopathy is a system of man building on physical, mental, moral & spiritual planes of living in harmony with constructive principles in nature applied to living being.
12. Aims of Naturopathy:- Naturopathy aims at educating people, for following healthier way of life & protects themselves against diseases by natural methods like Mud Therapy, hydrotherapy fasting etc.
13. Importance & Features of Naturopathy Naturopathy is a science, which provides complete health with the help of nature.
The modern methods of nature care originated in Germany in1822. When Vincent Priessnitz established the first hydropathic establishment there.
15. Nature cure believes that diseases is a normal condition of the body resulting from the violation of the natural laws.
Such violation has disturbed the human system e.g. & toxins. When toxins accumulated lowered vitality, irregularities of the blood & lymph & the accumulation of waste matter,
16. other organs such as the bowels, kidneys, skin & lungs are overworked & can not get rid of these harmful substances as quickly as they are produced & due to that (toxins) various diseases are occur.
17. Basic Principles – 3 The whole philosophy & practice of nature care is built on 3 basic principles.
First & most basic principle of nature cure is that- all forms of disease are due to the same cause, namely, the accumulation of waste materials & bodily refuse in the system.
19. that all chronic diseases such as Heart diseases, Diabetes, rheumatism, asthma, kidney disorders, are the result of continued suppression of the acute diseases through harmful methods such as drugs, vaccines, narcotics etc.
21. Specialty of Naturopathy :- Naturopathy is a science of living in true with nature.
It is not only useful against disease but also educates man how to present himself from diseases.
23. It is safe for all.
In Naturopathy patient’s diet is his medicine.
Naturopathy puts lot of emphasis on well balanced diet.
24. Naturopathy dose not make one dependent on doctor. So one can learn the principles & follow them in their routine life to maintain health.
25. Relation between Ayurveda & Naturopathy Fundamental principals of Naturopathy are derived from the philosophical system of ancient India & Ayurveda, [Vedas, yogic terts.]
26. According to the Indian philosophy the universe & the human body are composed of five elements or mahabutas for proper activities in the nature & man there balance is essential when equilibrium of these elements gets disturbed, diseases start.
29. Naturopathy believes food is the imp factor for maintain the health inadequate food & faulty life style causes weakness of digestive system & due to this accumulation of toxins in the body occurs & it leads to diseases.
31. According to Ayurveda also food is Important.
It depends on diet, natural living & self curative forces. Ayurveda utilizes both
i.e. nature + medicine
Fasting – Langhana