algeria
Download
Skip this Video
Download Presentation
Algeria

Loading in 2 Seconds...

play fullscreen
1 / 8

Algeria - PowerPoint PPT Presentation


  • 101 Views
  • Uploaded on

Algeria. By:I’isha Crawford . Important People.

loader
I am the owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyrighted work described.
capcha
Download Presentation

PowerPoint Slideshow about ' Algeria' - isaura


An Image/Link below is provided (as is) to download presentation

Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript
algeria

Algeria

By:I’isha Crawford

important people
Important People
  • Ahlam Mosteghanem-by the time she was born, her father had already been imprisoned after the 1945 riots. When the Algerian war broke out in 1954,her family home in Tunisia became a central meeting point for resistance fighters allied to Algerian People’s Party including her father and cousins.
important places
Important Places
  • Batna-Located in the Batna Province in Algeria, the city was built in the year 1844. Due to its close proximity to the Atlas Mountains it is also a popular tourist site for foreigners.
waterfalls
Waterfalls

El-Ourit Waterfall-is located seven kilometers from the city of Tlemcen, near the National Road of Algeria in Algeria in a mountainous area covered with pine trees.

geographic factors and natural resources
Geographic factors and natural resources
  • It is located in North Africa on the Mediterranean Sea .
the culture and food
The Culture and food
  • The name Algeria is derived from the name of the country\'s oldest continuous settlement and modern capital, Algiers, a strategically located port city with access to both Europe and the Middle East. Most of the population of the country is in the north. While the majority of the population who are Arab (or mixed Arab and Berber) identify with the common Algerian culture, the Berber tribes, particularly in the more isolated southern mountainous and desert regions, retain more of the indigenous Berber culture and identity.
government
Government
  • Parliamentary Republic
location
Location
  • The population-(919,595)square miles.
  • The population of Algeria was estimated at 31,193,917 in July of 2000, an increase of 6.2 million from the 1990 population of 25,010,000. In 2000, Algeria\'s birth rate stood at 23.14 per 1,000, while the death rate was reported at 5.3 per 1,000. With a projected growth rate of 1.7 percent between 2000 and 2015, the population is expected to reach 39.8 million by the year 2015. Muslims, mostly of the Malekite Sunni tradition, make up 99 percent of the population, while Christians and Jews make up the remaining 1 percent. A small percentage of the population are the indigenous Berbers, who speak Tamazight. Since 1995, the Berbers have been given wider autonomy and have been allowed to speak and teach their language. Arabic is the official and dominant language.
ad