RESEARCH PAPER. YDD2104. Research Paper (25%). Come up with a clear thesis linking one of the discussed films and fiction (but not the one you chose for the first paper). Verify your topic with the professor. Use non-fiction reading materials for reference and background information.
1) The length of the essay should be as required.
2) Write in paragraphs. Each paragraph should be at least 10 lines long (or longer).
3) Don’t leave extra space between paragraphs. Indent each paragraph instead.
4) Provide page numbers for quotes and references.
5) Introduce quotes, don’t let them stand by themselves.
6) Italicize or underline titles of films or books. Take titles of chapters, parts, reels, etc. in quotation marks.
7) Be specific, stay focused.
8) Avoid repetitions, especially in the conclusion.
9) Provide detailed examples, avoid generalizations.
10) Do not to retell the plot (unless unavoidable); try not to use the information from lecture materials.
A+ Excellent innovative analysis, well structured, well written paper with no errors of language.
A Good analysis. Solid paper, well structured and generally well written. Occasional error or two of language
A- Generally good analysis. Well structured for the most part. One or two defects of organization or somewhat more errors of language.
B+ Some good analysis. Fairly well structured, but with several defects of organization and language.
B Middle of the road paper. Occasional examples of good analysis but with several problems of organization or language.
C+ Evidence of some research and thought. Several problems with ideas, organization, and language. Just passable at the Honours level.
C Evidence of some work. Considerable problems at the level of analysis, organization and language.
D+ Evidence of some work, but very weak analysis, expression, organization or did not meet all the requirements of the assignment.
D Barely passable: shows some knowledge of the subject, but weak on all levels, and/or did not meet most of the requirements of the assignment.