An MBA gives them that. An undergraduate Engineering and MBA is one of the most ... 20% work in finance and accounting. 15% work in the technology industry. ...
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Joe Miner, MBA
the UMR MBA is a dynamic academic combination in order to help prepare you for a successful career.
“An MBA degree has been very useful in my career. Combining the logical thought processes, discipline and technology experience developed in an engineering program with the business, financial and organizational knowledge obtained from an MBA is beneficial to both future engineering managers and in general management.”
Mike Bray, President and COO, TNP Enterprises, Inc.
Member , American Society of Mechanical Engineers
UMR BSME 1970
"Engineering, itself, is an excellent degree. However, there are many advanced degrees that complement an engineering undergraduate degree. Engineers are typically not business trained...they know the mechanics (the technical side) but do not have a thorough grasp of the financial, accounting, business side. An MBA gives them that. An undergraduate Engineering and MBA is one of the most marketable combinations available.“
Mike J. Meyer, Group Director of Brewing Engineering, and Technology Anheuser Busch Companies, Inc.
UMR BSME 1975
What does that mean?
Intensive integrated core
Management and Org Behavior
Management Information Systems
The Top Ten….
1. Cultural fit with the company.
2. Proven ability to perform.
3. Strong "soft" skills, including communication and interpersonal skills.
4. Strong "hard" skills, including quantitative knowledge and technical skills acquired in the MBA program.
5. Specific background (e.g. engineering, science, liberal arts).
6. MBA functional area/concentration of study.
7. Evidence of adaptability.
8. Strong management skills.
9. Prior internship/work experience related to the industry, job, or company.
10.Years of professional work experience.
Most Attractive MBA Skills
Skills That Should Be Improved
Joe Miner, MBA