PRIDE. Grp.3 David Pelayo Francis NgSy Johann Co Eljine Zhang Gabbrio Chua. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE AWESOME??? YES No. GOOD FOR YOU!!!. YAY. Shame on you!!!. Definition. Can also be called vanity or hubris Both literally mean excessive pride
David Pelayo Francis NgSy
Johann Co Eljine Zhang
DO YOU THINK YOU ARE AWESOME???
GOOD FOR YOU!!!
Shame on you!!!
For example, Greed us wanting more and Pride will make you want more to be better than others.
Why are you so fat???
Look at me I’m so pretty.
I am stronger than you!
The virtue that is associated with pride is humility. Humility is basically pride’s opposite. A humble person:
1. Recognizes other’s talents even if they are better than their own
2. Recognizes his own limitations
While a proud person:
1. Recognizes his talents as the best even though other’s talents are really better.
2. Thinks that he has no limitations.
There are 3 ways to destroy Pride:
1. Be thankful for everything. Every little thing in this world is a gift from God. You should be thankful for everything even the things you know people are expected to do. Be thankful for your food, the janitor at school, rain and even that cockroach at your house.
2. Ask for God’s forgiveness. God will not persecute you for confessing your faults. If you feel offended by confessing your faults, you have Pride.
3. Ask for God’s help. Do not be ashamed to ask for God’s help. Without His help, we can never cast away our pride.
Each of the 7 deadly sins have a demon associated with it and Lucifer is the demon associated with pride because he thought he could compete with God and this caused his fall from Heaven.
Deuteronomy 8:17 17
You may say to yourself, “My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me.”
3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.