Subsistence farming - raising just enough crops to support one’s family. 2. COMMERCIAL FARMING - the large scale production of crops for sale. 3. PADDY - a level field that is flooded to grow rice, especially in Asia. 4. What kind of landform makes up mainland Southeast Asia?
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
2. COMMERCIAL FARMING-the large scale production of crops for sale.
3.PADDY-a level field that is flooded
to grow rice, especially in Asia.
4. What kind of landform makes up mainland Southeast Asia?
Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Singapore, Thailand.
6. Mineral resources of Japan and South Korea?
Few mineral resources.
9. Growing crops in Central Asia?
Irrigate the farmland .
10. Danger facing the rainforests of Southeast Asia?
11. Chief crop in Southeast Asia?
12. Country that takes up most of East Asia?
THE PACIFIC ISLANDS: PHYSICAL GEOGRAPHY
CHAPTER 3, SECTION 3
7TH GRADE SOCIAL STUDIES
CRARY MIDDLE SCHOOL
Wallabi Islands, Australia
The Great Barrier Reef, Australia is clearly
visible from jet planes flying over it
2. LOW ISLAND-an island formed
Fromcoral reefs or atolls.
According to the 2006 census 524 people officially
live on Atafu Island in the Pacific Ocean.
3.ATOLL-a small coral island in the shape
Of a ring.
This animation shows the dynamic process
of coral atoll formation. In favorable
conditions, the reef will expand, and the
interior island will subside. Eventually the
island completely subsides beneath the
water, leaving a ring of growing coral with
an open lagoon in its center. The process
of atoll formation may take as long as
30,000,000 years to occur.
4. CORAL-a rock like material made up of the skeletons of tiny sea creatures, most plentiful in warm ocean water.