Chapter 3: Theme. What is theme? (page 116-117). The truth of the story Usually reveals message about life Gives the story power A lesson the character learns. How to find the theme?. Be a detective Read between the lines. You must INFER! Look for word clues/ language
1) Is the writer (author) trying to tell you a specific point of view
2) What does the title signify?
3) Is the title a clue to the theme?
4) How does the main character change in the story?
5) What do the word choices and imagery reveal about the theme?