What we are going to talk about today:. Wide range of AT options:To help aging volunteers work.To help aging volunteers stay independent at home.That volunteers might help others work and stay independent in their communities. . Accommodations. To maximize a person's ability to interact with
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Assistive Technology for Aging: Home & Work
2. What we are going to talk about today: Wide range of AT options:
To help aging volunteers work.
To help aging volunteers stay independent at home.
That volunteers might help others work and stay independent in their communities.
3. Accommodations To maximize a person's ability to interact with a given environment and its demands.
It brings together:
5. Assistive Technology Low tech
Made or built
Off the shelf
Modified / Adapted
6. Assistive Technology Activities of Daily Living
Positioning and Mobility
Leisure and Recreation
7. Assessment Evaluate needs:
what needs to be done?
Person - Env- Task
8. Person must be able to: SENSORY:
Receive information for the environment
Process the information
React physically to the information
9. Entrances Handrails both sides
5x5 standing space
Place to set things
Large stairs vs ramps
11. Doors and Keys
12. Warning and Alert systems
13. Elopement alert systems
14. Living areas - thermostats digital
Large print ring
15. Lighting Touch on
Automatic by timer or motion detector
16. Contrast Stairs
Edges of furniture
19. Lifting and transfers Safety of person and caregiver
Conserve energy of person and caregiver
Keep independent as possible, for as long as possible
22. Lift to standing chairs
23. Transfer Boards
25. Lift systems
32. Grab bars
36. Health monitors Thermometers
40. Transportation Driver
41. Recreation and leisure Books & magazines
42. Work Computer
Built in computer accommodations
Adapted keyboards and monitors
Text to speech and speech to text
Devices per the job tasks
43. State AT programs www.resna.org to find project in your state:
Information and referral about devices and funding
Collaborate on community awareness projects.