Which statement about the pair of equations is true ?. Page 2 7. D 8. C 9. B 10. D 11. A. Page 3 12. B 13. D 14. B 15. C 16. B. Page 4 17. B 18. A 19. A 20. B. Benchmark Answers. Page 1 A C B A C C. Take your score, divide by 2 and that will be your bonus!.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Take your score, divide by 2 and that will be your bonus!
Unit 4 - Describing Data
1) Identify the 1st quartile, 3rd Quartile and the Median of the data.
1st: 68 3rd: 92 M: 84
2) What is the IQR of the data?
92 – 68 = 24
3) Find the Mean Absolute Deviation (MAD) of the following data:
77, 48, 65, 80, 70
4) How many cars get between 15 and 30 miles per gallon?
4+4+2 = 10
5) What is the probability that a student surveyed is a freshman?
108/200 = .54
6) If a student likes Math, what is the probability that they are a sophomore?
22/72 = .31
9) Use the box plot to answer the following:
Which class has the largest minimum heart rate?
b) Which class has the smallest lower quartile?
10) Which of the following graphs has a strong negative correlation?
11) The events x and y have a correlation coefficient of . What is the relationship between x and y?
The events have a strong negative linear relationship.
The events have a strong positive linear relationship
The events have a weak negative linear relationship
There is very little or no correlation.
12) Given the scatter plot, what is the best type of function to represent the data?
13) Between which of the following variables would you expect there to be a positive correlation?
The outside temperature and the number of layers of clothing a person wears.
The number of students at Hillgrove and the number of cats at the animal shelter
The number of cigarettes a person smokes and the person’s life expectancy
The number of years spent in school and salary.
14) Which of the following is one of the 5 values needed to make a box-and whisker plot?
15) Lauren asked five of her friends how long they practiced shooting free throws and their shooting percentage in the last 5 games. She found a linear regression equation for the data to be
What does the 10.5 mean in the context of this equation?
That her friends shot an average of 10.5 free throws a game.
That for every hour they practiced, their free throw percentage went up 10.5
That they need to practice 10.5 hours a day to increase their free throw percentage.
None of these
16) Ed and Dave each get paid a bonus at the end of each month. This table shows their bonuses:
a) Who had the greater Median?
Ed – 270
** Dave – 280
b) Who had the smaller Range?
** Ed – 50
Dave – 90
a) Which shark lived longer than any other shark?
b) About how long did the Basking Shark live?
c) Which Shark lived about one-third as long as the Dusky Shark?
18) Tell what kind of Correlation the graph has.
Unit 4 EOCT Practice Problems