What was Britain like at the turn of the Century, what effects did this have on health care?. Test. 1)Give two positive and two negative effects of the growth of towns in Britain. 2) How much did most houses cost to built at the turn of the Industrial revolution?
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
What was Britain like at the turn of the Century, what effects did this have on health care?
1)Give two positive and two negative effects of the growth of towns in Britain.
2) How much did most houses cost to built at the turn of the Industrial revolution?
3) How did the rich try to show off their wealth?
4) Describe the type of houses built what would the living conditions have been like?
5)Name the German socialist that wrote “The conditions of the Working class in England”
6)What was miasmatic theory?
7) Who studied the death rates of the poor in 1842 and what did he find?
8) What three words were often used to describe Chadwick’s personality?
9) How was typhus caused?
10)Give one reason the Chadwick report was important.
11)When was the poor law amendment act?
12) What changes were there t outdoor relief in 1834?
13) Give three things that were stated with the 1848 Public Heath Act?
14) When did the Board of Health close down?
15) What other things beside sanitation were needed for good health? Name 2
16)How often in the 19th Century did economic slumps happen?
17) Name one session depression?
18) Name two outcomes of economic depression.
19)Name two industries that saw a growth in trade in the 1830’s?
20) What year saw a particularly bad harvest?