Judges 5:18-6:16. Old Testament Bible Studies True Love Church of Refuge Prophetess Delisa Lindsey Class April 29, 2009. 18) Zebulun and Naptali risked their lives on the top of 1300 ft Mt. Tabor.
Old Testament Bible Studies
True Love Church of Refuge
Prophetess Delisa Lindsey
Class April 29, 2009
18) Zebulun and Naptali risked their lives on the top of 1300 ft Mt. Tabor.
19) Although the kings of Canaan came to fight against Israel, they were defeated. The waters of Megiddo near the Jezreel Valley is a strategic center of wars. It will be the stage for the final war, Armageddon.
20) The Powers of Heaven fought along with Israel against her enemies.
21) The Red Sea swallowed the Egyptian army and the Kishon River swept away the Canaanite armies. We will always take refuge and strength in knowing who our God is. We can face any battles with a fierce determination that our God, is God, especially in battle.
22) The stomping and galloping of Sisera’s horses can be heard as the chariots dismantled.Judges 5:18-22
23) Meroz was bitterly cursed by the Angel of the Lord (Jesus –pre-incarnate) for not helping the Lord fight His battles.
24) Jael is blessed above all women for being a true hero/
25) Sisera asked for water and she gave him curdled milk in a handsome dish.
26) She used one hand to steady the nail and the other to handle the hammer. She crushed his head as she pierced his temple with the nail through to the other side.
27) She made him bow at her feet. She was his real enemy.
28) Sisera’s mother is ridiculed as she is depicted staring out her grand window awaiting her villainous son to return home. She wonders why his chariot takes to so long to return home?
29) She is depicted again asking the question to her wise ladies.
30) She responds to herself as she licks her lips in greedy anticipation of the rewards Sisera usually brings home, the loot, the treasures, the weapons, the virgins, the maidens, the slaves, the extravagant cloths and linens.Judges 5:23-30
Deborah and Barak conclude their song with pronouncing curses upon their enemies and blessings upon those who love the Lord.
Israel Sins and Midian Oppresses
Gideon versus the Midianites
But God sees you as a Mighty Warrior
You may see yourself as this turtle
1 Corinthians 1:26“For ye see your calling, brethren, how that notmany wise men after the flesh, notmany mighty, notmanynoble, are called:”
Class begins 5/6/09