Stimulus Co-op. Title I, Part A and IDEA Applications. AGENDA TOPICS. Co-op Membership and Support Stimulus Funding Key Points ARRA Goals: Federal and State Comprehensive Needs Assessment (CNA) Identifying Needs and Determining Activities through Small Group Work
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Title I, Part A and IDEA
Supplemental professional development and activities, meeting identified needs of Title I campuses, such as:
* Refers to Schedule 3111 of ARRA Title I Application
WHAT IS MISSING????????
Identifying Needs to ensure that
Title I and IDEA activities are based on needs!
The rest of today will be spent introducing ways to identify needs based on data.
A Comprehensive Needs Assessment should include longitudinal data in the following domains:
I. Shifting Demographics
II. State Accountability
IV. Grade Level Standards
V. College or Work Force Preparation
VI. Teacher Retention
VII. School Processes in Support of Equity
VIII. Safe Schools
IX. Parent/Community Engagement
Identified Needs must be aligned to Activities indicated on Schedule PS3111 of the Title I Stimulus Application
Region XIII has developed 5 scenarios to help you prioritize your grant needs and allocate grant funds based on data that you have available in your notebooks.
Using the data notebook, as well as any other data you brought with you, including parent evaluation information, you will:
And, check to ensure that the district can answer YESto all five questions posed by the USDE. Will the proposed use of funds:
1. drive improved results for students, including students in poverty, students with disabilities, and ELLs?
2. increase educator’s long-term capacityto improve results for students?
3. advance state, district, or school improvement plans and the reform goals encompassed in ARRA?
4. avoid recurring coststhat states, school systems, and schools are unprepared to assume when this funding ends?
5. include approaches to measure and track implementation and results and create feedback loops to modify or discontinue strategies based on evidence? (i.e., foster continuous improvement?)
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Do you have any questions?