Health Improvement Plan. By: Dylan Frank. Client Status. Gender : Female Birthdate: 2/18/1976 Place of Birth: Newport Beach, California Religion: Catholic Address: Hunting Beach, California Highest Grade Completed: High school
PowerPoint Slideshow about ' Health Improvement Plan' - hope
An Image/Link below is provided (as is) to download presentation
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
- Migraine headaches result from blood vessel enlargement and the release of chemicals from nerve fibers that coil around those blood vessels. My client’s migraine headaches occur above her eye, where migraine headaches naturally occur(Nordqvist).
- My client believes caffeine is a factor. Caffeine headaches may occur from lack of caffeine intake. Usually caffeine can serve as a treatment for headaches. So I need to help my client find a medium to her caffeine intake(Vann, M).
In the United States, 75% of people that suffer from migraines are women. Most women that heave them are between the ages of 20-45 years of age. This means they are having trouble at work (Lee, K).
There are medications that are taken to relieve or prevent migraine headaches. My client takes medication for both. She takes them daily to prevent and or relieve her migraine headaches (Vroomen-Durning).
1. If the client gets more sleep it should prevent migraine headaches because the brain wont be under so much stress. So the client will be going to bed earlier than usual
2. Electronics are a distraction and make it hard to sleep because it keeps the brain energized by staring at a screen. So the client will be on restriction from phone and hour before bed till she wakes up for work. That should help the client get more rest for her head to prevent migraines.
3. Client has a high caffeine intake. We will watch the intake of caffeine so we can find a medium for it.
Nordqvist, C. (2014, May 15). "What is migraine? What causes migraines?." Medical News Today. Retrieved from. http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/148373
Vann, M. (2010, October 4). Understanding Caffeine Headaches - Headache and Migraine Center - Everyday Health. EverydayHealth.com. Retrieved May 19, 2014, from http://www.everydayhealth.com/pain-management/headache/caffeine-headaches.aspx
Lee, K. (2009, February 23). Women And Migraines Results from Everyday Health. <i>Women And Migraines Results from Everyday Health</i>. Retrieved May 19, 2014, from http://www.everydayhealth.com/info/v1ss/women-and-migraines
Vroomen-Durning, M. (2009, February 23). Medications for Headache Relief - Headache and Migraine Center - EverydayHealth.com. EverydayHealth.com. Retrieved May 19, 2014, from http://www.everydayhealth.com/headache-migraine/medications-for-headache-relief.aspx